Milford is located in Seward County, in southeastern Nebraska. With its gently rolling terrain and loess plains of fertile black soil, this was a highly desirable area for settlement.
Milford was officially established in 1864, when J.L. Davison opened the first post office, with Mr. Davison as the postmaster.
The town has a rich and interesting history, with its pioneer stories, the coming of the railroad, a spring of medicinal waters and a legend of an Indian princesss.
In 1941, Milford became the first site in the nation of vocational education with the establishment of the Nebraska Trade School which later became Southeast Community College.
Read all about the founding of Milford and its stories of the past in the linking pages.
All historical information provided courtesy of Eldon
Hostetler, Milford's dedicated historian.
|© 2003 • Graphic Design • Southeast Community College|